From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP laptop screen damaged

Hello there, just want to preface that I'm newer to compact FieldPoint. So I apologize if I brutalize any terminology.

We had a laptop screen that was damaged and it's connected to a cFP controller for some real-time operations and data collection. We can still access the laptop with an external monitor but I sent out a seperate laptop which was also used with a cFP controller. I am only able to assist remotely and unfortuneately the controller is in a location with no cell service and no way for me to take control and configure.

My plan was to have the new and the broken laptops + external monitor set side by side to do some configuring. I'll have to fix the ip address which shouldn't be too bad. Then I was going to copy the .iak file from the broken one and replace the .iak in the new laptop.  Then I was trying to anticipate what is required because I need to describe it to them in the field.

Firstly let's assume the controller is already configured and .iak file is on the laptop. What I forsee the steps being is:

Connect laptop to cFP

Open NI Max

Under Remote Systems find the controller, click it and check if it connects.

Uner My System ->Data Neighborhood -> FieldPoint Items Open the .iak file

Back to Remote Systems click the controller, then click Find Devices

At this point I'm hoping since the .iak was from the previous laptop that it will have all channels configured and will connect going forward.

Thanks for your time, and any information is GREATLY appreciated.

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,483 Views)