FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-RLY-425 logic reversed on some relays

Hi,

I have a cFP-RLY-425 module wired into a circuit that is powered by a 24V 3A power supply.  After running the system a few times, the logic on three of the four relays I was using reversed.  Originally, writing a True value to the output line resulted in an open circuit whereas no writing a True value results in a closed circuit.  Has anyone seen this before?  Did I break it?  

The relays are wired in series with a digital I/O board in another part of the building and are being used to send a 4 bit number, if that helps.

Thanks.

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,276 Views)

Hi,

Do you see this same type of behavior when you are writing to the different relay channels in MAX?

Thanks

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,257 Views)
No, I only see the reversed logic on three relays out of the 8 on the module.  Five of the 8 are responding normally (ie: false = closed).  The three that reversed still function in that when I write a boolean command to the output channel, the relay will switch states.
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,251 Views)

Hi,

You shouldn't be able to invert the logic on your RLY-425.  If you are seeing  reversed logic when you write to the channels in Measurement and Automation Explore, then you should call in to get it replaired. 866-ASK-MYNI

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,217 Views)