FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-Quad-510 velocity configure

Is there a way to programmatically configure the timebase for the quadrature channels from within the LabVIEW environment?
Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,428 Views)
Hello,

This depends on what you are trying to do.

You can configure the range for each channel on the cFP-QUAD-510.  Each range is based on a different timebase length and has a different resolution.
You may be able to use the Configure Range.vi for this (from the FieldPoint palette). 

Is this what you are trying to achieve.
Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,406 Views)

Yes I want to programmatically select the timebase range that will work depending on the connected encoder PPR and expected RPM ranges.

I will look into the Configure Range.vi thank you.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,400 Views)
This VI does not appear on my FieldPoint Pallette..hmmm maybe I need to add it to the pallette, which Library is it in under FieldPoint?
Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,392 Views)

I found the VI in the VI.lib under FieldPoint\Configuration\Configure Range.llb

It looks like it will work - for clarity here is a picture of the VI and the Input Range constant and the Channel numbers that would apparently be needed.  Module address would need to be 1-to-[max module #] depending on which module in the system it is.

I don't have a module right now to test this VI with, so if someone does have one and can verify that this VI works with the cFP-QUAD-510 as well as the original intended target of the FP-QUAD-510, I would appreciate it.

I am really interested in knowing if this will work with cFP-QUAD-510 modules in a cFP-1804 chassis.

Message Edited by RVallieu on 07-02-2008 09:36 AM

Message Edited by RVallieu on 07-02-2008 09:37 AM
Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,389 Views)
Hello,

Here is a table from the manual that correlates those different velocity options to different timebase settings.

I hope that this helps!

Message Edited by FieldKam on 07-07-2008 02:05 PM
Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,343 Views)

lt would really help if someone at NI could verify with an 1808 or 1804 backplane and a cFP-QUAD-510 hooked up whether I could implement this VI with that hardware.

I see the list of possible timebases in the operations manual, and the corresponding selections from the range constant.  I'd rather not buy it to try it!

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,337 Views)
Hello,

To let you know, the backplane plays no role in the functionality associated with a module itself.  I can confirm to you that this method will work with the cFP-QUAD-510 with any backplane/controller.

Good luck!
Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,284 Views)
Excellent information, thank you.
Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,277 Views)