From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-PWM-520 ch0 was working then stop can not get any PWM signal

I was using the cFP-PWM-520 to control a H-Bridge(with higher current capability). I was getting eraric output of the H-Bridge, while checking I found the +24VDC input into H-Bridge loose an proceded to tie the screw down to secure the wire.

While doing the work my screw driver slip of my hand an shorted the +24VDC line with the heat sink of the +12VDC power supply of the H-Bridge circuit creating small spark. The signal input from the PWM-520 is 3 inches from the +24VDC input. I replaced the 2 chips in the H-Bridge board as a precoution.

I procced to turn the PWM ON to test the H-Bridge but now I do not get a PWM signal. I disconected the PWM-520 from the H-Bridge still no signal, looking with the scope sometimes get some pulses then either goes full high or full low, then it shows iraric pulses. I had allready reboot, reload labview into the CFP-2220, changed channels (same results no pwm). The rest of the FieldPoint works fine.
Do you have any idea I can try. Even do I think I allready know the cFP-PWM-520 is dammage even do it is protection against shorts.

Using LabView 12 SP1

cFP-2220

cFP-PWM-520

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,597 Views)

Have you tried placing the module in another slot and seeing if it works? Is the ready light on? The cFP-520 manual describes the proceedure for resetting a channel after a short circuit occurs, have you followed these steps yet?

See the bottom of page 6

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373357e.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob B
FlexRIO Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,568 Views)