FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP MAX Configuration

I have successfully set up my cFP 1804 and my computer can detect it remote through ethernet. However, when I am on the MAX and I click on that IP address and I click on Find Devices, it doesn't find the modules. Instead, I get an error message that says "Unable to connect to the data item on the module. Possible causes: (1) A connection is broken, or (2) the networkd module is not powered on". How can it not connect when it can detect the cFP remotely? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Uven
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(8,433 Views)
Can you check which software versions are loaded on the cFP in Max?  Make sure they are up to date and match those on your PC.  I think issues like this are due to not having compatible or up to date field point drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(8,431 Views)
Hi,

I am unsure of what you are asking. Can you explain how I would check that? I can tell you that the MAX I am using is version 4.1. Is that what you were asking?

Thanks,
Uven
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(8,429 Views)
I know that MAX is at least up to 4.3.

Go into Max.  Go to the cFP.  There is a link below that for software.  Browse through that and see what versions of software is installed (particularly Fieldpoint software.)  I believe this will even show whether you have a newer version on your PC or not to download to the cFP.  Also browse through the software link under My computer and do some comparisons between the two.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(8,424 Views)
i got a problem trying to establish communication between the cfp 2020 and my computer, i got the latest version of fieldpoint software 5.0.3009, and the MAX does not recognize the CFP 2020 , what should i do?

Thanks i'll really appreciate some help about this.

Luis Trujillo

Phd Student
U.A.N.L Mexico
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(8,413 Views)

Hi Luis,

There is a great article on Networking FieldPoint to a Host Computer that I recommend you take a look at.  It steps through the set-up procedure and also provides a number of troubleshooting steps to take if you cannot see it in MAX.

Regards,

Lauren

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(8,392 Views)
I've already tried following the steps of the article you mentioned lauren, but i still have the same problem and i dont know why , my OS is windows XP home edition SP2, i wonder if this could be the problem? , i'll appreciate some help ,

Thanks

Luis
Phd Student
UANL Mexico
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(8,374 Views)
Hi Luis,

The latest version of the FieldPoint driver is actually 6.0, although there is not an individual installer for it.  It is packaged with the Device Drivers, and you can simply select to install it.  Take a look at the KnowledgeBase, Where Do I Find the FieldPoint 6.0 Driver?

What version of MAX are you using?  When following the steps outlined in the KB, where, specifically, are you running into problems?

Regards,
Lauren
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(8,342 Views)
hi again i have the MAX 4.1 that comes with Labview 8.2 20th anniversary edition, i've already installed this version and i cant get my PC communicates with cFP 2020

Regards
Luis
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(8,340 Views)

Hi Luis,

In order to determine exactly why you cannot communicate with the controller, I will still need specific information about your setup.  Are you connecting through a network or directly with a crossover cable?  Are you on the same subnet as the device?  Is it in safe mode when you are trying the steps?  Have you checked your firewall settings?  Does anything show up in MAX under Remote Systems?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, but there are a lot of different factors involved and it is important for me to understand exactly what you have tried and what you are seeing.

Regards,

Lauren

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(8,314 Views)