FieldPoint Family

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-DO-401 fuses and flyback diodes

Go to solution

I'm using a cFP-DO-401 to control 24V valve solenoids.


On page 4 of the cFP-DO-401 manual it says to fuse the outputs with 1.5A fast acting fuses, which makes sense. But, rather than put an in-line fuse on each of the 16 wires, does anyone know of a fuse block or module that will plug in between the cFP-CB-1 module and the cFP backplane?


Also, on page 8 of the manual, it shows that the cFP-DO-401 has flyback diodes in it, but then it says NI recommends using external ones. Why are external ones needed if the cFP-DO-401 already has them?


0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4



I have never seen any kind of module that installed between the backplane and the cFP-CB-1 module.  Can't imagine why NI would ever support such a device.  I like to use DIN rail mount fuse holders for this.


NI has included internal diodes to protect the cFP-DO-401 module inputs.  A flyback diode needs to be installed as close as physically possible to the coil of a relay to provide the best protection and noise suppression.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4

centerbolt, Thanks for the help. Where do you get the fuse holders you use?


0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Accepted by topic author Mosey



Here is link to one that is available from Digi-Key.  Allen Bradley also makes a line of similar parts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4