From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-DIO-550 Won't Power Up

I just installed a new cFP-DIO-550 module in my compact Fieldpoint system.  The unit was tested yesterday and performed perfectly.  Today, upon booting up the system, I notice that the DIO-550 module won't power up.  When I connect power, all the status LEDs on the module flash dimly, then go out.  All the other modules are working fine.  I know there's a firmware issue in the knowledgebase similar to this one, but it only applies to Rev. D and earlier, while mine is Rev. E.  How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,795 Views)

Martin,

Suggest you move the cFP-DIO-550 to a different slot on the backplane and double check any power supply connections/voltages to the module.  If it still doesn't work, it's most likely a case of infant mortality and you'll need to contact NI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,790 Views)
I've moved the module to several different backplane slots and paired it with a known good connector block.  Still having the same problem.  I'll contact NI and see what they have to say.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,785 Views)
Hi MrFisher,

Could you please let me know if this issue has been resolved after speaking with NI? Thank you.

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,771 Views)
Yes, after contacting NI, they're taking the unit back for repairs.  It seems to be a case of infant death.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,769 Views)