From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP 1804 connection help

I am a FieldPoint novice trying to reconnect a system that had a computer hard drive failure.  I re-installed LabVIEW and FieldPoint and when I opened MAX I loaded what I believe to be the previously used .iak file.  Doing that adds a device to my Remote Systems, with a set IP (169.254.0.2) but under network settings in MAX the device show disconnected and none of the model information is available, indicating to me that the device isn't found. I can't seem to get my computer and the device to talk to one another.  I am not very knowledgable about network connections and hoping someone can give me some help to get these two connected.  The cFP1804 is connected to the computer directly via cross over cable.  I have tried to configure the windows network TCP/IP settings to automatically set IP etc, but that doesn't seem to work and shows "cable unplugged" message.  I am not sure what I should be entering as IP, subnet etc to get the computer to talk with the device that was previously used with the IP I gave above.  I feel like I am missing something simple. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,638 Views)

Hello,

What version of Windows are you running?  The first thing I recommend you check is your firewall.  Ensure that Measurement & Automation explorer is on the whitelist.  If the cFP is directly connected to your computer it should automatically populate under Remote Systems in MAX on a refresh.

KnowledgeBase 3HUD6PUW: Configuring LabVIEW, LabVIEW DSC, and Lookout to work with Windows Firewall

Follow these steps, be sure to add Measurement & Automation Explorer along with all the other National Instruments software.  If this doesn't work please let me know, and I can dig up some other troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Matt

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,631 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I wasn't onsite again until today.  After following instructions on a number of KB and being really frustrated, it looks like the problem was a bad cross over cable. It was intermittently working. I may have some other questions once I get back onsite, but atleast we can see the device now!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,621 Views)