FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFP-1804 Connection Issues

Hello all!

Im working with a cFP-1804 and an older computer with windows XP (service pack 2), also using NI LabView 8.0. Nothing has ever been connected to the internet nor has anything been given system updates (Company Policy).  Ok so now that I got that out of the way, my problem is my local area connection keeps connecting at speeds of 100Mbps then a new sec. sometimes mins. later the window will say that a "a network cable is unplugged"? Now I have switched cables so I know its not that. The lights on the 1804 WILL light up when connected then turn off when its not connected so I know there talking to each other-per say. But what else could the problem be? is my cFP 1804 just FUBAR or is there a quick fix?  Thanks again for all the help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(8,093 Views)

Hi William,

Since you are getting a Windows error about the network conection I would start with upgrading the drivers from your NIC and also double check to make sure your NIC isn't failing. Is there any way you could get another addon NIC that is known to be working that you could test with?

If you want to see if it might be the cFP-1804, you could connect it to another machine and see if the same thing happens. 

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(8,088 Views)