cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

built specification won't start

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to build a stand-alone application which would start when cFP 2210 Controller is started.

In my project I use Build Specification to first build specification. I set it as startup. Then I deploy the specification and some libraries that include needed shared variable. No errors or warnings are displayed. Then I boot my cFP to see if something happens. I have a small LCD display connected to cFP controller that should be showing some text as the application starts. LCD is not showing any marks of acivity. But still I think there is something going on with the controller, because I can't get connected to controller unless it is in NO App position.

If I then set controller to NO App position and start the wanted vi from project under the cFP 2210, application starts, LCD shows everything OK. But there is now an error message while deploying "LabView: The startup application configured to launch was missing when RT Target booted" . 

Can anyone tell what is missing and where? I know I have added wanted startup vi in Startup VIs list in My Real time application properties when building specification.

I am using Labview RT 8.5.1 on both PC and cFP 2210.   

Mika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,547 Views)

Are you using the latest FP drivers (6.0.4)? I had similar problems with executables on embedded FP targets. After installing new drivers you will have to manually update the FP version of the cFP2210.

From what I understand you have selected "set as start-up" in the build specification context menu?

You can verify the presence of a start-up exe by ftp'ing to "ip address of target/ni-rt/startup" there should be an rtexe file there. Then open the ni-rt.ini in the root and verify that the said rtexe is configured as startup executable.

Naming of above directories might be different (doing this from the top of my head), but the general idea is OK.

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 04-02-2009 04:00 PM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,541 Views)

andre.buurman@carya wrote:

Are you using the latest FP drivers (6.0.4)? I had similar problems with executables on embedded FP targets. After installing new drivers you will have to manually update the FP version of the cFP2210.

From what I understand you have selected "set as start-up" in the build specification context menu?

You can verify the presence of a start-up exe by ftp'ing to "ip address of target/ni-rt/startup" there should be an rtexe file there. Then open the ni-rt.ini in the root and verify that the said rtexe is configured as startup executable.

Naming of above directories might be different (doing this from the top of my head), but the general idea is OK.

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 04-02-2009 04:00 PM

Thank You for your reply, Andre.

I am using FP drivers 6.0.1. They were delivered with the controller. I earlier had RT 8.5 on my computer but it didn't work well with RT 8.5.1 that was on cFP (some mismatches with NVE's). So I decided to update RT 8.6 to my computer. With RT 8.6 I couldn't even connect to cFP or configure it. I uninstalled RT 8.6 and installed 8.5.1 on computer, and I was instantly able to configure cFP.

There is startup.rtexe at target/ni-rt/startup as it should be. But I am not sure is everything alright with that ni-rt.ini, so I copied a piece of ASCII. Here:

RTTarget.ApplicationPath=/C/ni-rt/startup/startup.rtexe
RTTarget.IPAccess="+*"
RTTarget.LaunchAppAtBoot=True
RTTarget.VIPath=/c/ni-rt/startup

I am not sure if that RTTarget.IPAccess is OK. All 139.0.0.* IPs should be able to connect cFP.

Regards,

Mika

Such a lovely spring. Sun is shining, birds are singing, girls are walking on their high heels and short skirts, and me sitting in small office doing some code that someone else gets all the credit and money from.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,523 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KevMi

I solved the problem. The problem was the path of the startup.rtexe file. RTTarget.ApplicationPath=/C/ni-rt/startup/startup.rtexe should be RTTarget.ApplicationPath=/ni-rt/startup/startup.rtexe and RTTarget.VIPath=/c/ni-rt/startup should be RTTarget.VIPath=/ni-rt/startup.

So path shouldn't have the /C in front. That is a bit weird to me because it is set like that as default. I mean Build specification sets that as target path when opened, and yet all the other files and folders exist in right places. System works fine know, but I don't know yet if all mesured things are saved in right places.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,521 Views)

I am using FP drivers 6.0.1. They were delivered with the controller. I earlier had RT 8.5 on my computer but it didn't work well with RT 8.5.1 that was on cFP (some mismatches with NVE's). So I decided to update RT 8.6 to my computer. With RT 8.6 I couldn't even connect to cFP or configure it. I uninstalled RT 8.6 and installed 8.5.1 on computer, and I was instantly able to configure cFP.

There is a safe mode switch on the cFP that allows you to update to any version of LV that is on your PC from MAX.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,514 Views)

andre.buurman@carya wrote:

There is a safe mode switch on the cFP that allows you to update to any version of LV that is on your PC from MAX.

Yes, there is. But even when it was in safe mode (leds were blinking three times), I couldn't open Fieldpoint Access Control tab. As soon I was removed RT8.6 and installed 8.5.1 I was able to do that.

"Unable to connect to the data item on the module.Possible causes: (1)A connection is broken, or (2) the network module is not powered on.", it said.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,510 Views)