FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browse fieldpoint control problem

I have a problem using the Field Point IO control in the user interface. I'm supposed to write FieldPoint addresses into a config file which i in the start-up read and write into a global variable. No problem so far. But when i want to browse the control to change the FP then it works on my computer both compiled and and uncompiled. When i try to use it on another computer it wont work. I can press the "browse" but nothing happens. I have imported an *.iak file to the project and using that.

If you have a solution for this i'd be grateful.

LV 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(7,149 Views)
Whenever I deploy a cFP executable I always make sure that the .iak file ends up with the exact same path it had on my development machine.  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/A2CC1E80ECA6661F8625660800617DBA?OpenDocument

In my case I have made "C:\Labview Data" my default working directory on my development machine and all my executables are installed under the same path on target machines.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,138 Views)
Ok, but i have a network path for the *.iak file. And this has worked before, but for some reason it doesn't work on a other computer. I can personally run the executable from the network drive, but with another machine it's not possible. Then the iak is also distributed into the same data folder as other support files that LV creates during the compile.

I can't see why this is a problem now. Could i have a corrupt drivers or MAX. Someone suggested to some FP problem to reinstall the drivers....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(7,135 Views)
I tried putting the .iak file on a network drive and had all kinds of problems.  A lack of time prevented me from investigating further.  Is the network drived mapped exactly the same on both computers?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(7,132 Views)
Yes. The network drive is mapped like \\Network\Directory\Directory\file.iak and to that the program is run from the network.
It worked for maybe 3 months properly. Then it stopped working. Then i decided to change the use of the *iak file to "configfile_name\FP @ Com 1\" instead of "Fieldpoint\FP @ Com 1\" so from that i have som problems.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(7,120 Views)
Hi Englund,

Can you please open the iak file in Measurement and Automation Explorer and save it?  Now run the VI that you were originally using.  Are you still having the same issues? 

What happens if you change revert back to the original iak file?  Does that work?

Please let me know what you find.
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(7,099 Views)
I have tried that. In fact i don't have problems with VI's, but executables.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(7,098 Views)

Hi Englund,

Have you tried to revert the iak file back to the way it was before you made any changes to it?  Does that work?

To clarify, you are able to run a VI on a machine that is not the development machine and the Browse function works correctly, right?  Or, have you only tried the VI on the development machine?  Does the exe work on the development machine?

What version of LabVIEW and the FieldPoint driver are you using?

Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(7,093 Views)
I haven't tried to revert it to the normal stage, because the problem started with the normal stage. Then i started to change the iak file and gave it another name. However i can run the application both as a VI and as a compiled application on my development computer, but not on the computer that should run the program with.

Labview 8.2
Runtime engine on the machine i need to run the application has also run-time engine 8.2, but with the driver versions i'm not sure about. I tried to check with the "Install legacy driver support" and it said that all support files and drivers are up to date. But i don't know the version.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(7,086 Views)
Hi Englund,

To check the version of the FieldPoint driver you have, open MAX.  Expand My System >> Software.  Then, click on FieldPoint and the version number will be displayed on the right.  See the image below. 

Please verify that the LabVIEW version and FieldPoint driver version on your development machine are the same versions that are on your distribution machine.

Message Edited by Ching P. on 09-26-2007 02:00 PM

Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(7,084 Views)