From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring a two wire loop powered 4 to 20 mA current output sensor using cFP-AI-111 and cFP-CB-1

I need to wire a two-wire loop powered 4 to 20 mA current output sensor using cFP-AI-111 and cFP-CB-1.  This is the first time I've encountered a sensor like this.  Looking at the schematic for the sensor (see attached picture) and the the wiring options of the cFP-CB-1 has left me a bit confused as to what the best wiring option is.  I should probably also mention I'm using a cFP-1808 board.  I need to hook up four of these sensors, is there a "clean" way to go about this?

Thanks.

LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,495 Views)

MeCoOp,

What you have is a loop powered sensor.  Look at figure 5 of the cFP-AI-111 manual http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373281b.pdf.  For each sensor connect Vsup from a given channel to the + of the sensor.  Connect Iin of the same channel to the - of the sensor.  Use twisted pair cable to help minimize noise.

You will need an external 24V supply connected to the C and V terminals of the AI-111 to power the module and all the loops.

Message 2 of 4
(8,479 Views)
Wired one sensor up and it's working, thanks very much for your help.
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,472 Views)
Glad to hear you got it working.  Good luck with your project.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,463 Views)