FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring a two wire loop powered 4 to 20 mA current output sensor using cFP-AI-111 and cFP-CB-1

I need to wire a two-wire loop powered 4 to 20 mA current output sensor using cFP-AI-111 and cFP-CB-1.  This is the first time I've encountered a sensor like this.  Looking at the schematic for the sensor (see attached picture) and the the wiring options of the cFP-CB-1 has left me a bit confused as to what the best wiring option is.  I should probably also mention I'm using a cFP-1808 board.  I need to hook up four of these sensors, is there a "clean" way to go about this?

Thanks.

LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,500 Views)

MeCoOp,

What you have is a loop powered sensor.  Look at figure 5 of the cFP-AI-111 manual http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373281b.pdf.  For each sensor connect Vsup from a given channel to the + of the sensor.  Connect Iin of the same channel to the - of the sensor.  Use twisted pair cable to help minimize noise.

You will need an external 24V supply connected to the C and V terminals of the AI-111 to power the module and all the loops.

Message 2 of 4
(8,484 Views)
Wired one sensor up and it's working, thanks very much for your help.
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,477 Views)
Glad to hear you got it working.  Good luck with your project.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,468 Views)