FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not access Field Point vis on LV 7 after loading LV 8.5?

Dear Reader:

I am overseas, in front of my customer with my development laptop, needing to make an insignificantly small change to an old LV7.0 program that has a FP vi in it.  Can anyone point the right direction for me QUICKLY

After loading LV8.5 all the FP vi's disappeared from LV7.0.  I am still supporting many of my customers on LV7.0 but need LV8.5 for development of new projects.  It appears as if when I loaded LV8.5 it obsoleted all of the old FP software.  Now when I try to load old FP support libraries, the loader will not allow it because "there are more recent drivers already loaded on the computer".  I have no facility to remove LV8.5 as the Control Panel will not take it off, and I do not have the LV8.5 disks with me.   WHICH WAY DO I TURN?

Steve Hope
Munich, Germany
+1-602-625-4673
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,909 Views)

Hello Steve,

The FieldPoint driver that supports LabVIEW 8.5 does not support LabVIEW 7.0.  Therefore, if you would like to use FieldPoint with LabVIEW 7.0, you will need to downgrade you FieldPoint driver to NI-FieldPoint 4.1.  To do this, you will need to Remove NI-FieldPoint 6.0 through the Control Panel then install NI-FieldPoint 4.1.  When you need to use LabVIEW 8.5, you will need to upgrade NI-FieldPoint again by using the August Device Driver CD.  You can upgrade without uninstalling the older version of FieldPoint.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,904 Views)

EXCELLENT CHING.... That worked perfectly.

Merci' beaucoup,

Thanks alot.

Steve Hope

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,895 Views)