FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is FieldPoint 4.1 driver?

I was looking for FieldPoint 4.1 Drivers on the Support and Drivers page.  After clicking on the link to download FieldPoint 4.1 it gave me a link to download FieldPoint 4.0.1.  Are these two versions the same or is the link wrong.

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(8,399 Views)

Hello klivecche,

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I am working to update that page to have the correct FieldPoint driver attached.  In the meantime, you can get the correct FieldPoint driver from ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/ FIELDPOINT41.zip.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(8,378 Views)
Hello klivecche,

The NI-FieldPoint 4.1 driver is now available here: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/143/lang/en, so I have removed it from the FTP site.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(8,365 Views)
Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.  I am currently running MAX 3.0, I'm assuming FieldPoint 4.1 drivers do not work with this version?  Will FP 4.1 work with LabVIEW 7.0 RT?  If so, what is the easiest way to upgrade to MAX 3.1 without upgrading any other software versions?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(8,359 Views)
Hi klivecche,

If you upgrade the version of FieldPoint, it will automatically upgrade to the correct version of MAX if necessary.

LabVIEW RT 7.0 will work with NI-FieldPoint 4.1. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(8,356 Views)
Alright, the reason I asked is because I went to install the FP 4.1 and it did upgrade my MAX to 3.1, but it might have messed something up as well.  In MAX I couldn't view my installed software on my system and I couldn't view any remote devices attached to my system.  When expanding the software tab, it only disappeared and no software was displayed.  Same thing happened when expanding my devices and interfaces tree.  When expanding the remote devices tree, the (+) stayed and nothing happened.  I uninstalled my MAX and reinstalled the 3.0 again and everything was working properly again.  Should I attempt to try installing the FP 4.1 again or should I try something different?

The whole reason I'm trying to get FP 4.1 is because I read that I can reformat the disk here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6D0F9F74FD2DAD0186256EE5007198D4
It explains that I need MAX 3.1 and FP 4.1 in order to do this.

If I continue to have this problem, is there perhaps another way to reformat my cFP without upgrading to 4.1?

Message Edited by klivecche on 09-20-2007 11:02 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(8,353 Views)
Hi klivecche,

It sounds like you have a corrupt installation of the FieldPoint driver.  I would recommend uninstalling NI-FieldPoint 4.1 and then re-installing it by running the autorun.exe from the file you downloaded.

Reformatting the controller just deletes all of the files on the hard drive, so if you would like to "reformat" the disk without using the Format Disk option, you can ftp to the controller and delete all of the files.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(8,346 Views)

Well, I deleted everything on my cFP with the exception of 2 things that it said I could not delete.  When trying to boot it into MAX, it would not detect the device.  I flipped the Dip switches to get into safe mode, but I actually flipped the reset IP switch.  Now I can't view the controller in MAX, so I don't know what to do from here...

I did save a copy of all the files that were on the controller, but if I can't access the controller, then I guess it doesn't do me any good.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,283 Views)
Have you gotten MAX back into a stable state?  Is NI-FieldPoint installed?  Please put the controller in Safe Mode, and see if you can find it in MAX.  Since you have reset the IP address, please refer to this KnowledgeBase article, especially the troubleshooting section which discusses troubleshooting techniques when you are unable to see your device in MAX.
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(8,281 Views)
MAX is back as 3.0 like it was originally (It kept failing when I tried to upgrade my FP to 4.1 and MAX to 3.1).  I decided to just keep it as 3.0 and delete the files manually.  I could communicate with everything fine before I deleted anything (FP is installed).  I deleted all the files on the controller that I could.  So the only thing changed are the deleted files on the controller.  Booting it into Safe Mode still doesnt allow it to be recognized in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,274 Views)