From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What it needed to build an application for cFP-2010

Hello,

I have been tasked to build an executable for a cFP-2010 that was supplied by another laboratory.  The LabView code for the cFP is currently running on a laptop and was supplied by the other laboratory.  I have built applications before, but never for a Compact Field Point.  The issue is that we are using a borrowed laptop to run the FieldPoint and the laptop needs to be returned.

I have LabView 8.0 and access to all the VI's and the IAK file from the machine that will have to be replaced.  However, we only have one LabView license so I will need to build a stand alone application for a new laptop and for the cFP.

I have tried to build the executable, and included the IAK file as well as fplvmgr.dll file but the app does not connect to the cFP.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly do I need to build a working executable?

This is new territory for me an a project that was developed by someone else and tossed into my lap, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,135 Views)

Hello Nacree,

From your post, I can tell that you are following most of the steps outlined in many of the knowledgebases at NI.com.  It seems like you have already researched this quite a bit. 

Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are trying to make an executable for another laptop that will getting data from a cFP-2010.  You will not actually be running the executable on the cFP-2010 (requires Real-Time module).

What error message are you getting? Does it have something to do with invalid tags?  Here is a knowledgebase that may help you fix the issue.  You can set LabVIEW to look at the absolute location of the IAK file and if the IAK file is in the same absolute path as it is on the development computer, then it will work.  Also make sure the versions are exactly the same in both computers.

I hope this helps.

Steven T.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/22C30A6CBE1E943A862571D9006A62B5?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,115 Views)
Ahhh,

That answers my question.  Yes, I do need the executable to run on the cFP.  And I don't have the Real Time module so thats a problem.  Guess I'll have to see if get the real time module or just run the app on the laptop.  However, I have to assume part of why the designers chose the cFP is so the code could run on the cFP and not rely on an external PC.

Thank you very much for the information.

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,108 Views)