From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog does not seem to be working?

Hardware: fp-1600, tb-10 with a DO card.
Software: Lookout 5

I set the watchdog up so that one of the channels on the DO card would go off. I change the settings in FP explorer and save the iak. I flip the switch in the Lookout application to make sure everything is communicating and leave the channel in an ON state. I then remove the ethernet cable and the channel still stays in the ON state even though I set the watchdog to the OFF state.

Please help...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,993 Views)
Tim,

When setting the communication watchdogs with FieldPoint, there are several places that you must enable the watchdog. If you miss enabling the watchdog in any location, the watchdog will not work. You must enable the watchdog on the network module, (in FieldPoint Explorer, right click on the FP-1600 and choose Edit this Device, set watchdog to Enabled), on the IO module (in FieldPoint Explorer, right click on the FP-TB-10 and choose Edit this device, then choose Enable under Watchdog Configuration), and finally, each channel must be enabled and given a watchdog setting (right click on the FP-TB-10 and choose Channel Configuration, then set the value for each channel that will have the watchdog enabled, and check the Watchdog Enable box for each channel tha
t will have the watchdog enabled). Apply all of the changes and repeat your test. If this does not work, please post which version of FieldPoint Explorer that you are using and what version of firmware is in the FP-1600.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,993 Views)