From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for rt engine to respond

When I'm deploying vi to RT or connecting Fieldpoint, I'm having "Waiting for RT engine to respond" -errors very often. In a while communication seems to hang for a small moment. Is this normal? I have tried using crossed ethernet cable directly between FP and computer, but it doesn't help. I'm using LV 8 and FP 2015.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,602 Views)
Hi Chris!
   I've a cFP-2020, and I get the same message.  Formerly, I had only one cFP, and all worked fine, but now, I've 2 cFP connected to an ethernet switch, and both when I download application and when I debug, I get "Waiting for RT engine to respond". It would be nice to get some tips from NI to reduce errors and speed up download time (now it usually take 2 minutes....).

Using FieldPoint drivers 5.0.2, LV 7.1 with real time.

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,582 Views)
Hei??? Anybody there?????? Smiley Indifferent
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,527 Views)
Hi,

I think its normal if you are downloading a large enough file through a low enough
bandwidth connection.

I regularly download applications through a dial-up connection. As each sub-vi is
downloading the "waiting for...respond" message comes up until that sub-vi's download
is complete.  Everything is just fine when its all over.

If I pull up the XP connection status window while I'm getting these messages, the download
is invariably still chugging along, kbyte by kbyte.

I tend not to see this at all when I drive over to the fieldpoint, physically connect to the
controller via an ethernet crossover cable and spray away.

Perhaps this message is intended for some other problem which can occur; it is certainly
misleading with a slow connection, if harmless (as long as you don't hit the "abort" button).

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,501 Views)
I'm using 100Mb ethernet, that is not a slow connection. Also MAX shows fieldpoints icon with color, but like looking trough alabaster glass. Everything works though.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,488 Views)

I too get the same message "Waiting for RT engine to respond". when down loading a VI but after downloading some of the sub VI's of my main VI the main VI fails to download.Has anyone encountered this?The main VI is about 3.2 Mb. Any solutions?

Keith...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,278 Views)