FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxWorks Floating-point support 2.0 missing (LV2011SP1 RIO4.1)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a strange problem with a CRIO System (9022) using LV2011SP1 RIO4.1 and MAX5.1.

Since I had older LV Versions on the computer I did some cleaning up in the LV components

and ended up deleting everything which belonged or depended on older LV versions.

Then I re-installed LV2011SP1 plus RT module SP1 plus (hopefully) all drivers needed.

Then I started MAX to update the software on the CRIO target to the versions installed on the host.

However, I cannot do that, I always get the following error:

VxWorks Floating-point support 2.0 missing (not installed on host)

I have no idea which component is missing where this is included.

Could someone please point me to the right package or driver?

TX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,596 Views)

Hi Olaf,

to get the Floating-point 2.0 support working you normally need the NI-RIO driver. Since you already have 4.1 installed try to repair it.

Or just redownload the current driver from here:

NI Drivers

Best Regards,

Lam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,586 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olaf_Stetzer
Hi, I had the RIO drivers installed, but to avoid a bloat of too many unneeded drivers I had deselected some "support" options where I thought it is save to do so (e.g. support for various porgramming languages including C) since we work only with LV and no additional development environments. I think that this was the problem, the missing part seemed to have been in some of these ANSI C support packages. Now it works. Cheers, Olaf
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,581 Views)

I am having a similar issue as well. I am trying to install only LabVIEW Real-TIme 11.0.1 on a cRIO 9023 that has no software previously installed. It returns a message saying "LabVIEW Real Time 11.0.1 requires VxWorks Floating Point Support 2.0". I did some research and found LV2011SP1 Real Time Module should install VxWorks 6.3 but I cannot find this or anything related to VxWorks in the list of features to install in MAX.

Thanks,

cookieGT 

University of Georgia Alumni

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,532 Views)