FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using original IAK file after upgrading CPU

I spent a lot of time entering data for my cFP configuration.  Then I found out that my code was too big to run on my cFP2000 CPU so I bought another CPU, a cFP2100.  Now, when I try to load the IAK file with all that channel information, my CPU changes to a cFP2000 module.  Can somebody please tell me how to modify the IAK file to reflect the CPU change?  Surely, NI didn't design this very cool system but not provide a means to migrate to a better CPU.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,721 Views)

Hi kc64,

You can change your iak file to match your controller a couple of different ways depending on the version of LabVIEWyou are using. If you are using LabVIEW 8.0 or above and using the LabVIEW project, you can right click on the controller and select properties>Bank and Network Module>Network Module Type and choose your new controller. You should also be able to open your iak file in MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer), expand remote systems, select the controller under the FieldPoint in the tree and switch the device type to your new controlle. Make sure to save it in MAX if you edit it and save your project if you edit your iak file in the project. Let us know if you have and clarification questions.

Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,720 Views)