FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a thermcouple with Compact Fieldpoint cFP-CB-1

I am using a  cFP-CB-1 in conjunction with cFP-Ai-112 and cFP-2200.  The manual for cFP-CB-1 says that it has a built- in CJC and can be used to take thermocouple measurements. I am pretty new to using compact fieldpoint and labVIEW real-time, I would appreciate it if someone could please point me in the right direction on how to get started on a thermocouple measurement. So far I am only able to measure the voltages from the cFP-CB-1.  I am also interested in directly measuring the CJC temperature. I know that the  cFP-CB-3 is recommended for TC measurements, however I do not need high accuracy for this measurement.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,634 Views)

If you are interested in reading temperature directly, then you should be using a thermocouple module. Otherwise, you will need to figure out how to scale the voltage to temperature in software. I am not sure how you can access the CJC sensor from that terminal block.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,630 Views)

Thanks for the response, I should have realized that. I'm used to working with DAQmx which can measure both voltage and temperature with the same card. Does anyone know how to read the CJC temperature?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,582 Views)

Hi Andrew,

There is no built-in way to measure the CJC temperature within the normal configuration of the cFP-CB-1. If you had to get this measurement, I think it would require you to take some manual temperature and resistance measurements, and use conversion tables to figure out the values. Why do you want to read the CJC temperature?

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,545 Views)