FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating of shared variable

Hello There

I am using Shared variables (SV) on an RT host. The use of these variables seems to be functioning correctly. However, after certain events, which are not that frequent, I write the values in this variables to a spreadsheet. 

What has happened on a number of occasions is that previous values that were stored in the SV are being written to the spreadsheet. I have been careful to employ VI to write to spreadsheet after the values are stored in the SV. I may or may not have had the file download link between the RT host and the desk top at the time of these errors.

I have independent hardware and software checking the operation of my RT controller, which was all correct, so the problem is simply related to file storage.

Can anyone help.

Thanks MAC_D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,251 Views)

MAC_D,

Suggest that you make sure that the Shared Variable Reads and Writes in your vi are not returning any errors or warnings.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,220 Views)

Thanks for your reply Wayne.

The shared variable is reading and writing correctly and there is no errors.

I am using these shared variables to control digital outputs, and i have verified using external hardware and software that my application preformed correctly.

The issue is that the correct values of the shared variables were not written to file correctly. Previous values were replicated.

Kindest regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,207 Views)
Does that mean that the Shared Variables are bound to the I/O?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,199 Views)