From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Configure cFP-2020

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to configure a compact fieldpoint cFP-2020 controller in MAX.  MAX is unable to find any remote devices when the cFP-2020 is connected through a local switch to a PC.  I have also tried using a crossover cable directly from the PC as well as an RS-232 connection to the PC's serial port.  My system does not have LabView installed...I am using Measurement Studio .NET 8.0.1.  Currently, the controller is powered on and the status light is blinking at a rate of one flash per two seconds (indicating that the controller is ready to be configured).  Any ideas?

Thank you.

-Eric
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,477 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EricJay
I found the problem...there is a secure-checkpoint protocol installed on all of the machines here, which was interfering with ethernet communication with the controller (even crossover).  I disabled the protocol and MAX found the device right away.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,473 Views)

Eric,

I am glad you found the problem. Also keep in mind that it is a good idea to reset the IP address of your controller every time you move it to a different subnet. The manual contains information on how to do that.

Best regards,

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,464 Views)