From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble reading data from AI-118 and serial port data from a cFP-2120

I'm using a cFP-2120 controller on a 4-unit backplane housing 3 AI-118 modules and a TC-120 module.  Additionally, I'm trying to read data into the serial port (COM 1) of this controller (weather station data).  If I run the weather station by itself, it seems to work just fine.  When I try to run it with the rest of the software, it acts up, giving lots of communication errors and delays.  I have the same code I'm running as a standalone VI running in parallel with the code reading the AI-118 and TC-120 modules.  I've done this in the past on a different system and it seemed to work just fine, but this time around I'm not having the same luck.  The only difference between then and now is that I ran each as 2 separate VI's running in parallel before whereas now I've got the code in two parallel timed loops in one VI.

I'd sure appreciate a bit of help on this one.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,620 Views)
You said that you were using two timed loops.  Which loop has the higher priority?  If you swap the priority of the two loops, does the problem change?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,608 Views)
Sorry. but I didn't do a thing with priority, as it's not an issue for me.  This is a SLOW data acquisition system, with the temperature part (Loop 1)only capable of being read once per second, adn the Data Loop (2) being read onve every 1/2 second.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,595 Views)
What kind of communication errors are you seeing? 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,591 Views)
What are the error #s you receive?

-Bob

Message Edited by B O B on 08-08-2007 10:00 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,588 Views)
I'm sorry......

I did further investigating do to some other "characteristics" of the problem and found a second incident of one of the loops (a separate VI) sitting underneath one of my loops.  I deleted it and everything runs fine now.  Please forgive me my sudden loss of intelligence.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,580 Views)