From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp not updating in MAX

Has anyone ran into problems with the timestamp not updating in MAX? It will only update after I start then stop the panel.

This is happening on a Quad-510 only, all the other modules in the bank seem to be working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,278 Views)

Hey,

Does the correct data show or is it only the timestamps that are not acting correctly?

Thanks,

-Brian J.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,251 Views)

I can't tell if the data is showing correctly.

It's supposed to be counting pulses, but i don't see any counts updating.

Having to start and stop to update the timestamp probably resets the pulse count if there is any.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,246 Views)

Hey sorry for the late reply.  How are you generating the pulses? If you are still having this issue.

Thanks,

-Brian J.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,178 Views)

Hello BrianJ,

No worries about late replies, any help is appreciated.

Pulses are coming from a rotary type index on a gas meter. I thought that it was emitting a voltage when I hooked my multimeter up to it, but that may just be noise in the line or something.

I later found out that it is a resistance type signal generator. Please forgive my lingo I hardly know what I'm talking about lol.

I'm not sure what FP module if any I should be using to measure resistance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,166 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Can you attach a screenshot of NI MAX of the issue you are coming across? I am not sure what timestamp you are referring to.

Thanks,

Brian J. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,147 Views)

It's this one, but I think maybe it just wasn't updating because none of the values were changing.

But I'm going to start a new thread with a better proposed question, hopefully.

timestampMAX.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,029 Views)

Hey,

I would verify if that was the case and keep us updated on the situation.

Thanks,

-Brian J.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,021 Views)