FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC-2006 Not Listed in Targets and Devices

Dear All,

I configured the TPC-2006, assinged the IP address, through that address i can share the desktop, also i can communicate through USB Cable. I Installed the CD come with my TPC-2006 package. For me it is communicating with my PC and vice versa.

But when i try to add this device to my project using the Project==> Add Devices, It is not showing the Touch Screen Panel in the exising Devices List.

Should i need to install some software to be visible in "Exisiting Devices List".

Even its is not visible on the MAX on the Remote Devices List.

Please Help me out.

Atif
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,745 Views)
Hello Atif,

With the TPC-2006 you will be unable to see the FieldPoint device in MAX or under the LabVIEW project.  This is because you need the FieldPoint driver to detect FieldPoint devices, and the operating system on the TPC-2006 is not compatible with the FieldPoint driver. 

To communicate with your cFP controller, you will need to use TCP communication.  For more information, please refer to the following document: Creating LabVIEW Applications to Communicate Between PACs and the NI TPC-2006 Industrial Touch Panel....

Also, you can refer to this forum post which includes more detailed information regarding this issue.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,736 Views)
Hello Atif,

When you go to add the target, under the Touch Panel folder of the Existing Devices, does it show a folder for Windows CE?  It is under this folder that you would select Touch Panel Windows CE 4.2 Device to target your TPC 2006. 

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  If you are using 8.2 and above, the Touch Panel Module will come with all of the software needed.  However, if you are using 8.0 or before, you will need to install some Microsoft Tools to connect with the TPC. 

Finally, make sure that you have the Touch Panel Module installed.  It will appear in Measurement and Automation Explorer under Software >> LabVIEW X.X >> Touch Panel Module for Windows CE.

I hope this helps.
Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,732 Views)
Dear All,

It sounds good that if i am using Labview 8.2 Installed than TPC-2006 will work, I installed the Link you provided http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C6FFE81E6A0E63E486257261007478CA?OpenDocument

But when i explored MAX, There as no software installed excpt my field point drivers, Labview 8.2, Labwindows/CVI etc.

I am using cFP-2120, it is connected and working properly. Which softwrae will enable me to view  "Touch Panel Module for Windows CE." in MAx and Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,717 Views)
The TPC Modules will not appear under remote devices in Measurement and Automation Explorer.  MAX is used to discover and test measurement hardware, not other computers.  If you connect the device to your PC over USB, it should show up under the Active Sync utility. 

In order to target the device, you will need to create the target in your project explorer.  This will allow you to install software on it as well as download your application to the Touch Panel.
Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,707 Views)
Thanks,

I can communicate with TPC-2006 through TCP/IP, but as i said i installed the drivers, but it is not visible in the project explorer. May be i am not installing the right drivers, If you know where i can get the drivers for tpc-2006.

You are right that to communicate with the devices we need drivers, when i installed cFP-2120, it was available in Project Explorer. But i am facing trouble in finding the TPC-2006 Driver.

Please guide me.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,697 Views)
Do you have the Touch Panel Module installed on your computer?  It is the module that can be purchased here:

If you have it installed, the software will show up in MAX under Software >> LabVIEW 8.2 >> Touch Panel Module for Windows CE.  You will need to have this module installed to compile and download code to the TPC 2006.
Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,687 Views)
Yes, I purchased and it is working but is not listed in MAX under Software >> LabVIEW 8.2 >> Touch Panel Module for Windows CE,

How i can get this module in this list, i am sure that the driver software is missing, but upto now nobody is able to help me.

I downloaded the drivr cd in my pc, but no results.

where i can get this driver guy.

Really i am confused why this is taking toooooooooo  much time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,679 Views)
The Touch Panel Module is not appearing under Measurement and Automation Explorer?  That is strange. 

If it is not appearing, we need to verify that it was installed.  It will also show up under Add or Remove Programs >> National Instruments Software, and under the NI License Manager under Start >> National Instruments >> NI License Manager:

If it is showing up here, than the installation may not have been registered with LabVIEW or MAX.  In that case, we will need to repair the installation of the Touch Panel Module 8.2.1 (Assuming you are using LabVIEW 8.2.1).  Also keep in mind that, you must have the same version of the module as your version of LabVIEW.  8.2 will install to LabVIEW 8.2, the TPC module 8.2.1 will install support for LabVIEW 8.2.1, 8.5 for 8.5, etc. 

The TPC 2006 ships with Active Sync and some drivers from the manufacturer, which will allow you to see the TPC through Active Sync, this does not mean you can target it with LabVIEW.  For this we need the Touch Panel Module.  So I want to make sure that we have the correct version installed.  I hope that this makes sense.

Message Edited by Coal Man on 08-23-2007 04:44 PM

Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,671 Views)
Yes, you got the point, but my question is that from where i can install this software "Touch Panel Module for Windows CE" i mean which resoure CD i can use or can you give me some internet/FTP link from where i can download this software.

This is where i am  facing difficuly in downloading the software. Because i install all three CDs of Drivers but i am unable to locate the drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,662 Views)