From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC-2006, Dial control does not show

I am using a TPC-2006 based on Windows CE, the problem I have is that I want to show on the panel a Dial control, but the control does not show fine, it seems that there is a problem with that, I would like to know if there is an upgrade of firmware or something that can help.

Another thing is that it is a 3D control, but in LabView PDA there is no Dial on Classic controls, would it work if I import a Dial classic control?

Best regards,
Gilberto Garza
Asesor Electrico, Mexico
Gilberto Garza Gzz.
Certified LabView Developer
Asesor Electrico, S.A. de C.V.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,058 Views)
Gilberto,

What version of LabVIEW/LabVIEW PDA are you using? Dial controls are available in both LabVIEW PDA 7.1 and 8.0, so if you are using a version prior to that, you may want to consider upgrading if dial controls are not available. Also, 3D controls were introduced in LabVIEW PDA 8.0, whereas all previous versions of LabVIEW PDA use classic controls.

Kind Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,042 Views)
I am using the 8.0 version.
Gilberto Garza Gzz.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,038 Views)
Dial controls work fine under my version of LabVIEW 8.0. Could you post an example in which dial controls are not working as expected and could you explain the problem in more detail?
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,033 Views)
Thank you for your reply, the problem is that in the TPC2006 does not show well, but the simulator does fine. I don't know if there is some firmware problem with the TPC2006, because is a new product.
Gilberto Garza Gzz.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,021 Views)

Could you explain the problem in more detail? What do you mean when you say that the dial control "does not show well"? Does the dial not appear at all or is it simply rendered in a funny way? Is it the dial control still functional?

It would also be helpful if you could post an example VI that demonstrates the problem.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,007 Views)
Yes, the dial control displays in a funny way, I mean, the circle of the dial does not appear, even if I colour it in labview it does not show in the display of the TPC2006. The only thing that appears in the screen is the label of the numbers of the dial, and the indicator of the position of the dial, but when you move the position of the dial, it seems that the screen does not refresh the movement and it leaves the marks where the line of the position was before.

Right now I don't have with me the equipment, I found this bug in the offices of NI in Mexico, but as I will work with this kind of displays It is very interesting to me that it works fine.

Best regards,
Gilberto Garza
C.L.D.
Gilberto Garza Gzz.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,008 Views)

Gilberto,

At the end of your post, you mentioned that this was behavior that you saw at NI-Mexico and then later said that "it works fine". Does this mean that you are not personally experiencing this behavior, but rather that it is just something you witnessed? If that is the case, there is not much troubleshooting that we will be able to do. From your description, it almost sounds like the control is just not getting updated when the dial is turned; is this a correct understanding? It certainly isn't any kind of behavior that I have ever experienced.

Kind Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,989 Views)

Thank you for the help,

It seems that National Instruments solve the problem in the last release of PDA Module, I have installed the new software and recompiled the software, and now it works fine. The position of the Dial shows and responds to the movement. It still lack of good appearence but works.

Thank you for the help.

GilbertoRobot Very Happy

Gilberto Garza Gzz.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,730 Views)