From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC 125 LED

Dear All,

I am programming a TC 125 field point module, but its Channel LED is always off whether does i connect any TC, does anyone know why?
I know it is supported to be red if no TC connected and off if TC connected...

any ideas? thaks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,776 Views)
of course, i have set the range already...(-270 to 1770) celsius
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,777 Views)
Hi MYWONG,

Below is a section of the cFP-TC-125 Operating Instructions that describes when the red LEDs will be lit.
"When the module detects a signal outside a configured temperature range on a channel, the red LED for that channel lights. Signals outside the configured range include those that indicate open thermocouples.  The red LEDs do not light in response to out-of-range signals on channels configured for the –20 to 80 mV range."
You can find the cFP-TC-125 Operating Instructions here.
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,771 Views)
Yes, i didn't connect any TC to the TC-125 and already set the range to -270-17xx celcius ( Not in voltage range), but the LED still turn off ? Even i connect a TC to the socket, the reading always show me -270c,

But i replace any other TC-125, it works normal.
1. LED turn Red, when no TC connected
2. LED turn off, when TC connected, and the reading is around 25c , which shows correct temperature reading.

So , i really suspect that the hardware (TC-125) got something wrong, but i am not sure.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,768 Views)

Hi MYWONG,

I think you are probably correct, it is probably a broken module.  I suggest calling us here at NI to try a couple troubleshooting techniques and if that doesn't work, set you up to return the TC 125.

Reggie Rector ¦ Applications Engineer ¦ National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,746 Views)