FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status LED Flashes 5 times?

There are only nine terminal bases in the back and no terminal bases were added to the bank while the power was supplied. Is there any other reason for this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,823 Views)
The status light flashing 5 times means different things for different network modules. Without knowing which network module you are using, I can not provide specific information.

It is most commonly seen with the FP-1000/1001 Serial Network modules when an I/O module is unrecognizable. This can happen in the following circumstances:

1) A module that may have been connected previously was not available when Find Devices! was issued.
2) The firmware of the network module may not be updated to support the I/O module. For the latest driver version of a FP-1000/1001, the link is:
ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/fieldpoint/Update/FPupdate.zip
3) There may be 10 bases on a bus but the system only supports up to 9.
4) There may be a bent pin at the point where the module connect
s to the base.
5) The terminal bases were connected or disconnected with power applied resulting in a bus failure condition.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,823 Views)
All right, now I have a FP-1000 module that worked for about 3 years and yesterday the status led started blinking 5 times. The only thing that happened befoer this was that there was a disconnect between the pc and the module, which happens sometimes. I usually solve the disconnection problem with physically disconnecting and reconnecting the cable which usually works but not yesterday...
So, there are only 6 terminal bases in the bank, the connection pins were not changed, the bases were not disconnected during operation and the firmware was updated recently.

Is there a point I missed?

Regards

Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,449 Views)
ok, i found it 🙂
1. the network module's rail clip was not locked
2. the disconnecting an reconnecting of the RS-232 in the last years summed up to a movement of the network module slowly downwards and led to a disconnection
problem solved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,447 Views)