FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solenoid valve interface with labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, currently i have a solenoid valve (NVZ110) with 24Vdc , "+" & "-" terminals) and I have:

CFP-DIO-550

CFP-AO-200

CFP-AO-210

CFP-AI-112

My question which module should I use to open and close the valve? Also, I couldn't find a tutorial on how to create a simple vi to control this valve using LabView. Does someone have a simple example VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,644 Views)

TuskBoy,

How much current is required @ 24VDC to actuate the solenoid valve?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,632 Views)
I don't know much about the NVZ110, but if you need to get up to 24VDC the only module you can use is the cFP-DIO-550.  However, this module can only output .25A and I'm not sure if that's enough to trigger the solenoid.  If you can get us the current required to open and close the valve, let me know and I can help you from there.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(9,620 Views)

Hello thank you for your response. The solenoid valve is normally closed and operates at a current of 75mA. My main concern is the construction of the VI that will send the signal.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,600 Views)
You use a fieldpoint write from the fieldpoint palette.  For a digital output, you'll wire a true or false boolean value to it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(9,596 Views)
I need instructions to wire the solenoid valve to the CFP DIO 550 module for output to the vavle, a diagran could help a lot. If youc could give me step by step instruction i will reallly appreacite it.   
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,408 Views)

Does the solenoid require AC or DC voltage? What vare the oltage and current requirements?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(9,403 Views)
Sorry i should had include that on my post the valve works at 24V AC and 75mA. I am having hard time tryin to connect the valve to the cFP-CB-1module. I am able to send the signal but for some reason the valve is not responding to it. I think i have it wired wrong, i need to make sure is connected corectly. For this, i need a diagram that would explain me the circuty of the module so i can see how to connect the wires coming from the valve to the module. 
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,392 Views)

Here is the manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371324c.pdf

The 550 only accomdates DC outputs, that may explain why the valve is not actuating. Hopefully you did not wire a 24VAC source to the 550, it may be damaged if you did.

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(9,383 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TuskBoy

As an alternative, you could use the 550 to turn on a DC coil mechanical or solid-state relay, whose output contacts could then apply/remove power to you AC powered solenoid.

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(9,380 Views)