FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solenoid Valve Control

Hello,

I am in need of some advice/help.  I have an experimental setup that requires the rapid opening of normally closed solenoid valves based on a physically measured parameter (wind speed) which I am currently measuring using the compact fieldpoint.  I took a look today at various options, and it seems that I may want to look at getting the cFP-RLY-421 along with a connector block.  Is this the case?  This module acts as a relay switch which when combined with an outside power source will open and close my valves correct?  The valves are 24 VDC actuated valves and I am assuming that the relay when connected with the valves and the power source will close the circuit and actuate the valve based on what I am telling it to do.

Also, I was wondering if there was a VI out there that specifically shows a voltage signal being generated for compact fieldpoint control of the 421 relay module?  Does any of this make sense?

In short, I just want to control some valves with my fieldpoint and I am just not 100% sure of how to do it.  Kind of like turning a light switch off and on, but automatically.......hopefully, someone can shed some light.

Thanks.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,206 Views)
Tim,

We spoke on the phone yesterday.  To wire to cFP-RLY-421 to supply power to your load, you will need to use the configuration seen in the attached image on the left.  This image is from the FP-RLY-420 manual from 1998.  You will have to supply a power supply to V and C, and that power supply will determine what is applied to your load.

Trey B | Applications Engineering | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,193 Views)