From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Variable on cFP 2120 Analog Input not Updating

I've created a shared variable bound to a single analog input (AI) channel on my fieldpoint 2120.  When I attempt to read from this variable in my VI, it continously gives me a zero (0) value.  BUT, when I view the variable in the shared variable manager/viewer, the analog signal is updating correctly and continuously.  Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,343 Views)
Monitor the error out signal from the shared variable read and see if an error is being generated during the read.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,326 Views)
Ok, monitored the error out, and infact I am getting an error.  It reads:  "Read access is denied to the shared variable."

I can't find anywhere that I can "enable read access" to the variable.  Anyone know what I may be missing here?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,320 Views)
Is the variable configured as a network-published shared variable?  A you using the security features of the shared variable server?  Is your FieldPoint password protected?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,318 Views)

Yes, configured as network-published variable.  No, not using any of the shared variable security features (in fact it won't let me... not sure why of that).  Fieldpoint is not password protected.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,316 Views)

Mystic,

Pardon the pun but I'm a bit mystified as to why you are having this problem.  I do this all the time and have not seen this particular problem.

When you bind a variable to a particular source such as a cFP I/O, you have the option to configure the Access Type.  Is this set to read/write?

Is the RT-FIFO option enabled for this variable?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,310 Views)
Centerbolt,

I'm as mystified as you are.  This should be striaght-forward.  Access Type:  I only want to read; I've tried read only and tried read/write.  Still nothin.  Real-time FIFO not enabled...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,304 Views)
The only thing I can think of is to go back to basics and verify that the versions of software loaded on the cFP match what you are running on your development machine.  Are you running the Shared Variable Engine on the cFP target or on the host pc?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,300 Views)

Latest software on both pc and Fieldpoint - both less than 1 month old.  Running the Shared Variable Engine on the host PC - - How do I run it on the target cFP?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,291 Views)
Undeploy shared variable library from pc.  In project view, drag shared variable library so it appears under under target cFP instead of under My Computer.  Make sure that the SVE is loaded and running on the cFP before you redeploy library.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,285 Views)