From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting filters for AI-112

I am trying to set the filter rate for the cFP-AI-112, and am not sure how to do it in MAX.  Can someone help me out?  The problem that I am having is that one of my analog devices is only reading at about a 1 second update rate, and I need a 10 Hz update rate.  In other words, I am getting 10 of the same value in one second when I actually need 10 different values per second.  The update rate of my analyzer is about 600 Hz, so I am pretty sure its not my analyzer.  I am seeing lots of posts on here regarding sampling rates with the AI-112, I sure hope its possible to get a 10 Hz sampling rate with it.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,324 Views)

Hi Tim,

The cFP-AI-112 is not capable of achieving a 10Hz sampling rate, but National Instruments does have cFP modules that you can use to attain these update rates.  If you look at page 10 of the FP-AI-112 and cFP-AI-112 Operating Instructions, you will see that the fastest update rate you can realize, using the 500 Hz filter setting, is between 0.27s and 0.32s, approximately 3.7 Hz. 

The cFP modules you may want to consider are the cFP-AI-100 and the cFP-AI-102, both of which have an update rate of 360Hz.

Please note that cFP modules are asynchronous, and the update rate is not the same as the sampling rate.  All of the channels will report an updated value at the update rate specified in the manuals, not when you "sample".  The updated values are reported to your computer.  When you request a sample, the FieldPoint API retrieves these values from your computer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions by replying to this post.  Best of luck on your application, and have a great day!!

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,314 Views)