FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating channel data from fieldpoint to perform math

Wayne, I was able to uninstall FP3.0 and reinstall FP4.0.  The "FP Read" now has the Fieldpoint IO Point function, but I can only set it to Channel 0 or 1 (i.e., there is no "All" in the drop-down box that allows me to read both channels).  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,496 Views)

Paul,

Try placing a new FP I/O constant from the pallete on your block diagram and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(3,493 Views)
I opened a new VI and created a Fieldpoint IO Point Constant, but again only Channel 0 and 1 show up.  No option for All.  Is there a way to manually override the text in the box?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(3,491 Views)
What does MAX show for that fieldpoint module?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(3,489 Views)

Ravens Fan, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by what MAX shows for that FP module, so here's an attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,486 Views)

That's exactly what I was looking for.  It only shows a channel 0 and channel 1.  So I think that is why you only have those two options on the I/O constant.  When I look at my compact Fieldpoint AI-110, I see an All and channels 0 through 7.

I'm curious as to why you don't see all 8 channels or the All considering the FP-AI-110 is also an 8-channel device.  Youd could try right-clicking on the field point in the lower part of the tree and do a Find All Devices and see if that gives you the other channels and the All.  Otherwise maybe it has something to do with that version of the fieldpoint driver.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,480 Views)

pchin13,

In MAX, right click the FP-AI-110 and select Create New Item... rightclick.JPG

What do you see for teh Channels used on this item?  channels.JPG

If you see Channel 0-7 then you have probabbly deleted some of the channels from the FP item in MAX. If you take Ravens Fan's advice and right click the Controller under Remote Systems and Select Find Devices it will find all the channels again.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(3,470 Views)

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I tried the "Find Devices" in MAX but only the first two channels appeared.  HOWEVER, I manually created an item called "All" and checked off all of the channel boxes.  This did the trick and allowed me to read all of the channels.  Not sure why everyone's suggestion of finding the devices.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(3,462 Views)