FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote System Explorer on a Wireless LAN

On a wireless LAN when I use Remote System Explorer, it knocks our Fieldpoint network modules off-line. We are unable to ping them. Once we restart the units, they work fine until someone uses the Remote System Explorer again. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,222 Views)
Which network modules, version of FP Explorer, and firmware(s) do you have? I don't understand how you are able to configure the modules when remote system explorer affects your modules like this. Do you have a crossover cable? Have you noticed any behavior with the status LEDs? Is there some type of firewall in place? Most wireless networks have firewalls to minimize accessibility.

Regards,
Michael Shasteen
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/ask
1-866-ASK-MY-NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,222 Views)
We have FP1600s and FP2015s. It only affects certain FP1600s. Firmware revision is 3.0 on the 1600s. Some older ones are not affected and some newer ones are. We configure them in the shop on a LAN, then move them to a field environment. The only firewall is point of entry onto the post.

When using Remote System Explorer (the latest and greatest version), one at a time is "knocked off line". Every time Remote System Explorer refreshes another 1600 is knocked off line. I see no relevance to a crossover cable. This occurs over a WLAN. If we don't use Remote System Explorer then they just chug along fine.

I have used the FP1600 Diagnostic Utility which was a mistake. Now the status LEDs blinks red 7 times.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,222 Views)
For the 1600(s) whose status LED blinks 7 times, you should generate a phone request at ni.com/ask and call us, if possible.
For the other 1600(s), upgrade the firmware to version 0416.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,222 Views)