From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a digital input with the FP-Read.vi

I want to read an digital input of a DIO-550-module which is connected to a FP-2000. The application runs on the FP-2000 and the function of the input is a reset of an alarm. When I press the reset-button I can see the changing value in MAX. Now I wrote an application wich reads the input with the FP-Read.vi and an FieldPoint-IO-point-constant which contains the input, configured in an iak-file in MAX and downloaded on the FP-2000. When I press the button there is no change of the value in the FP-Read.vi. What could be the cause that it didn´t work? I also tried to read the input with an application which runs on windows (the iak-file is saved on the hard-disk). One time it works and another time it didn´t work.
If anybody could help me I would be very grateful.

regards
Rainer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,846 Views)
Rainer,

if the communication works in MAX it should also work in LV. Have you tried using a standard example that ships with LV? Are you checking for errors? Do you receive an error number? Could you provide some code that demonstrates the issue?

Thanks,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,826 Views)
Hallo Herr Klier,

Ich habe bereits versucht, ob das Beispielprogramm "Digital Input.vi" (abgeändert auf das Lesen eines Eingangs) bei mir funktioniert. Unter Windows funktioniert die Anwendung. Wenn ich jedoch versuche, die Anwendung auf dem RT-Ziel ausführen zu lassen, ändert sich der Wert des FP-Read.vi-Ausgangs nicht, wenn der Resettaster (angeschlossen an den Digitaleingang) gedrückt wird. Es wird jedoch auch kein Error angezeigt.
Der Reset wurde von mir auch um ein Vielfaches länger als die Abtastzeit gedrückt, weshalb es nicht an der Abtastrate liegen kann.

Danke für die Hilfe schon im Voraus.

Gruß
Rainer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,823 Views)
Das klingt sehr seltsam und  ein solches Verhalten wurde in dieser Form weder von mir noch von einem meiner Kollegen jemals beobachtet. Entweder bekommt man die Daten oder eine Fehlermeldung. Ein anderer Fall ist mir unbekannt. Haben Sie noch andere FieldPoint-Module angeschlossen? Funktioniert mit denen die Kommunikation unter RT?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,818 Views)

Ich habe noch 4 Analogeingangsmodule FP-AI-112 angeschlossen, bei denen die Kommunikation wunderbar funktioniert. Auch die Digitalausgänge des DIO-550 können ohne Probleme angesteuert werden. Der Digitaleingangskanal kann jedoch auch nicht defekt sein, da er ja in MAX eine Wertänderung anzeigt.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,817 Views)
Das klingt ziemlich mysteriös. Bitte laden Sie die Datei fpbank.ini, die auf Ihrem FieldPoint-System im Verzeichnis NI-RT/SYSTEM/ liegt per FTP auf Ihren Rechner und schicken Sie sie mir als Attachment in Ihrem nächsten Posting. Vielleicht kann ich darin ein Problem entdecken. Zum Vergleich wäre es gut, wenn Sie mir auch das IAK File übermitteln könnten.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,814 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,814 Views)
I'm switching back to English as I intend to share this information with my collegues at the NI headquarters in Austin (TX). I didn't find any problems in the iak file and in the ini file.

Problem Summary:
A FP-DIO-550 doesn't work correctly when accessed from a LV RT program running on a FP-2000 module. In this case FP Read.vi always returns a zero for the inputs even when the input signals are at high level. The input channels of the FP-DIO-550 work correctly when accessed from MAX and from a LV vi running on the host PC. There are also four FP-AI-112 modules in the system that return correct readings on both, the embedded controller and the host PC.

Please provide some more information about your system setup:
1.) LabVIEW version
2.) Version of FieldPoint software.

Message Edited by Jochen on 07-12-2005 02:58 PM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,811 Views)

LabView Version 7.1

FieldPoint Version 4.1

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,808 Views)
Thank you for the information. I haven't found solid evidence for that, yet but maybe there is something special with the FP-DIO-550 under LV RT. Unfortunately we don't have such a device in our office so I can't reproduce the issue here.
Please be patient.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,806 Views)