FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query About the Design & Control of a Conveyor System

Hi,

I am a student at the Oklahoma State University, USA... My name is Sauvik Das Gupta...

We have an application in which we need to design & control a Conveyor System... There will be Three Robots attending to Three Workcells specifically designed for Pick & Place Applications... The Robots will be placed on the Conveyor & the Conveyor will rotate, thus enabling the Robots to attend to their respective Workcells for their jobs...

I need to know what exactly are the Hardwares we need to have to design and control this Mobile Conveyor System... Also how can LabVIEW help me in developing the Control Algorithm rather than the other Code Based Languages...

Hoping to get an early reply from you soon...

Thanks & Regards,

Sauvik Das Gupta

MS Electrical Engineering

Oklahoma State University

Stillwater, OK, USA

Mobile:- 1-405-762-3694

Email:- sauvik@okstate.edu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,936 Views)

Hello,

I would recommend getting in contact with your local Field Sales Engineer who would be able to get additional information from you and suggest hardware and software. A place to look at other pieces of information is here: http://www.ni.com/solutions/ . From what it sounds like, you're going to need a motion control system (ni.com/motion) including a motion control card, motor drive, and motor. After that, you would probably be looking into the Control Design and Simulation Module (included with LabVIEW Professional) as well as the SoftMotion Development Module in order to implement a custom controller in LabVIEW. The Field Sales Engineer in your area would be able to further discuss these product offerings and suggest the best method for approaching your particular application.

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,908 Views)