FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically run cFP application

I'm finally taking on my first FieldPoint application and so far I've not found the info I'm in need of.

What my customer wants is to be able to reconfigure an 8 slot backplane so he can run several different test setup by using a single controller and backplane and rather large selection of modules.

What he would like is a Windows application (.exe) that would allow him to select which test setup he's currently running, configure a few parameters and start the test. It seems this would require the ability to programatically download an application and the bank configuration (.iak file) to the controller. This is what I can't figure out.

I think I could handle the application by building an application that can do everything needed and just running the needed parts. A big configuable state machine of sorts. The big problem as I see it is going to be the changing module configuration. It looks like the only way to do the bank configuration is through MAX. He doesn't want to have to mess with MAX every time he changes his setup.

So is this possible? If this were on a PXI, I'd just use DAQmx properties to scan the system and build the setup.

This will be using LabVIEW 8, Windows XP, FieldPoint 5 on cFP-2120 controllers.

Thanks
Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,086 Views)
I think the MAX configured information is all in:

fpbank.ini
nvdata.bin
rsrvflsh.bin

all in the /ni-rt/system/ directory on the controller.  My first try would be to ftp in copies
of these as originally configured with MAX for the specific module combination.

You will probably have to reboot the module after changing the files:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3EFC356A4E034080020E74861

If you try to ftp in unique startup.exe files for each test you will have to rename the existing
startup.exe and delete the renamed file before you can ftp in the new one.

Hope this is useful.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,072 Views)
Thanks Matt,

I should be starting on this project next week. I'll look into this whe I get goin and let you know how it works out.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,070 Views)