FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically changing Range for RTDs on cFP

I currently have a cFP-RTD-122 ( three of them) on and cFP 1800 Module.

I have been able to make good measurements with platinum 100 Ohm, .00385 coefficient sensors. Measuring in the Celsius scale.

I also have been able to use my 120 Ohm, Nickel, .00672 coefficient sensors using a sophisticated vi that one of my co-workers developed. It uses the actual impedence, and converts it into degrees C.

WHat I need to be able to do, is write to the FieldPoint session and programaitically switch between ohms (0-400) and Degrees C in the range category. I founf that one of them is "adressed with a 1B hex, and the other with a 1E hex. I cannot figure out however figure out how to change that configuration via LabVIEW.  Please Help.

Chris
One should welcome adversity as an opportunity to excel.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,317 Views)

Chris,

Configure Range.vi should do the trick.

Message Edited by centerbolt on 03-31-2008 01:09 PM
Message 2 of 3
(6,312 Views)
I spent HOURS looking for just such a thing... I appreciate your help!!!

I won't have time to test it right now, but based on the context help, it looks ike this will defintely do the trick.

For anyone that is reading this in say... the year 2035 and has the same problem... First of all say hello to my grandkids, and he was pointing me to this.

C:\program files\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\ Fieldpoint\ configuration\ configure range.vi.

THANKS BOLT!!!
One should welcome adversity as an opportunity to excel.
Message 3 of 3
(6,303 Views)