FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program works incorrectly when embedded into 2120

Hello,
My program works differently when embedded into my RT target than when the program is run from a PC.  I am using LabView 8.2 and have a FP-c2120 as my RT target.  I have been using the FP module for years now and have never had this problem before.  My program has increased in size recently, and I don't know if that may be the cause of the problem.
An example of the program not working correctly is:  a Boolean control button is stuck "On" even though the program writes "False" to the Boolean control each loop through the program.  The Boolean control will start to work correctly once I manually click the button "Off"
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dusty
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,830 Views)

Dusty,

I have several cFP's deployed and have never seen this. How are you "writing" to the control?  Property node or variable?  Any chance of a race condition? 

What kind of mechanical action have you selected for the control?

Have you tried a cut down version of your executable to see if anything changes?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,825 Views)
Thanks for the reply - I also have many cFP modules deployed and this is the 1st time I have had this issue.
I am having problems with controls that are "written" to using propery nodes as well as controls that are only written to using local variables.  I do not believe I have a race condition - I am using one large stacked sequence in a while loop to help prevent this condition from occuring.
I have not tried a cut down version of the code yet, but I will.
All the control buttons mechanical action is set to "Switch when pressed".
Dusty
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,823 Views)

Dusty,

Can you tell if the write via property node is generating an error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,821 Views)
Right now I can not tell if any property nodes are generating errors.  I am going to have to modify the code with some indicators to display any error messeges.
However, I am definetly having problems with controls where I am not writting to any property nodes.
Thanks for the help so far, I have some new code to write and hopefully something will point me in the right direction.
Dusty

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,817 Views)

Take a look at this thread  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=166101&requireLogin=False

I remember reading in the forums about issues where writing to property nodes are slow, or that scheduling of the UI thread may prevent the values from updating.

Do you think this could be the problem?

Or this http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=110&message.id=4163&requireLogin=False??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,807 Views)