FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LabView 2010 and cFP 2110

Has anyone had any problems with using LabView and Real-time 2010 with a cFP-2110 controller?  I'm having a very difficult time with the driver 6.0.7 (nifpsw607), both fieldpoint 6.0.7 (WIF as Addon) and Fieldpoint 6.0.7 (minimal);  both are causing the controller to loose connection with MAX and I have been unable to get a test VI to deploy to the controller.  A couple of times when I would try to install the cFP driver, I would get the error in MAX that the memory was full.  Finally I rebooted into save mode with disable VI and Reset IP dip switches set, manage to reset IP address and reinstall the driver for LabView Real-time 6.0.6-Feb 2010.  Then I could launch LabView 2009 and everything works as expected.  At this point I have tried two different cFP 2110 controllers and have had the same problems with both.  Has anyone else had problems with LabView 2010 and the cFP 2110?

Thanks for the help.

Danny
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,076 Views)

Danny,

When you installed LabVIEW 2010 did you also install the LabVIEW 2010 Real-Time Module? When you are trying to install the Fieldpoint 6.0.7 software to the cFP-2110 does it install correctly? I know you said sometimes you were getting a memory full error? Does the settings for the cFP-2110 show that the memory is full on the system settings tab?

I am not sure why you are having issues with this setup as there is not a compatibility problem between Fieldpoint 6.0.7, LabVIEW 2010 and the cFP-2110. I would recommend formating the controller and then install FP 6.0.7. I think is the route you would want to go because of receiving memory error issues.

David A.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,061 Views)

I'm sorry that I can't help with your problem directly, but might I make a suggestion? Once you've established a software configuration that you know works (to include your target real-time application), 'image' the working controller using NI's 'System Replication Toolkit, found here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3937

Then for new controllers, simply format, and image. Saves a lot of headache, especially with multiple sites, and even permits an easy way for customers to apply "firmware" updates.

Regards,

Jamie

v2009 devel. w/RT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,977 Views)