FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing FP v4.1 with LabVIEW v6.1 application

We have a LabVIEW v6.1 application that interfaces to a FieldPoint FP-1000 Network Module for its I/O. We have been distributing it to customers for about 18 months with the FieldPoint v4.0.1 driver - no problems other than some difficulty getting the Watchdog Timer setup properly via MAX.
The latest purchase of FieldPoint hardware came with FieldPoint v4.1 driver. There are three issues that have arisen with the advent of FP v4.1.

1.) There occurs several (identical) warning messages during the FP v4.1 installation on Windows XP SP2 (the exact number depends on the selection of features to install). The message is "Error 1931" and it says that Windows stopped the installer from updating the stdole2.tlb file. It suggests that we update the OS, which has been done, but the messages continue.
Question: is it critical that the stdole2.tlb in the FP v4.1 distribution be installed, or is this an error with no consequences?

2.) When installing FP v4.1, we select LabVIEW v6.1 support, but disable the Real-Time v6.1 Support and the Examples. We also disable the LabVIEW v7.0 and v7.1 Support and the LabWindows/CVI Support. We keep the Documentation and MAX features. We have gone through the install/uninstall cycle several times and each time when uninstalling the list of features includes LabVIEW v7.0 Support - not v6.1.
Question: does this indicate that the installer is erroneously installing v7.0 support and omitting the selected v6.1 Support? Or is this just an error in what is displayed by the uninstaller?

3.) After FP v4.1 is installed (with LabVIEW v6.1 Support selected) our LabVIEW v6.1 application runs but fails to communicate with the FP-1000 Network Module. Upon quiting the application, there is an error message stating that the FP.Open.vi failed to run because the FieldPoint Server .dll was not found (no filename for the server- just ".dll").
Question: Is this an issue of the installer not putting the proper FP Server .dll file on the computer (see question 2) or is this a matter of compatibility (do I need to install FP v4.1 on the development computer and remake my application)? Something is wrong here, FP v4.1 doesn't support a LabVIEW v6.1 application that runs fine under FP v4.0.1. Do I need to install the LabVIEW v7.x Support in addition to the v6.1 Support?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,982 Views)
Regarding Question 3: You need to recompile your LabVIEW application using FieldPoint 4.1. The FieldPoint interface DLLs may change between versions. This frequently requires that the installed version of FieldPoint be the same as that which the LabVIEW executable was built with.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,972 Views)

Hi lkj,

There has been few reported problem with installing FP4.1 in LabView 6.1, but none of them are similar to what you are experiencing. According to the 4.1 driver documentation certain vis from this driver version cannot be installed and used in LabView 6.1. What I would suggest is to uninstall the current driver and revert back to the ver. 4.0.1 since we know for sure it works in the LabView 6.1 environment. If you you'd like to use the 4.1 driver, then if would suggest upgrading to LabView 7.0 or 7.1.

Regards,
Natasa
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,960 Views)