FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem configuring I/O on FP-2010

I have a FP-2010 with 4 FP-DI-301 discrete input modules and 2 FP-DO-401 discrete output modules attached. I configured everything per the user manuals, but the only modules that show up in Fieldpoint Explorer when I press find devices are FP-2010 @0 and FP-DI-301 @1. The power and ready lights are on for all devices. When I run one of the Fieldpoint example programs, I get a "Invalid IAK file" error, I assume because of the above configuration problems.

How can I get the other modules to show up?

What do the channels 1-9 under FP-2010 @0 correspond to?

Attached is screenshot of FieldPoint Explorer.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,932 Views)
SysApp,

It seems that you don't have the latest version of FP explorer since the channels are appearing as channel 1-9 in FP explorer. Download the latest FP explorer at this link:
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C0E29?opendocument&node=132060_US

Before installing this version, uninstall the previous one on your sytem and reboot before installing the new version 3.0.2. At that point, try to find devices again. If this doesn't work send a support request to National Instruments and we will deal with it.

Channel 1-9 represent dip switches 1-5 and LED A-D states and will show up as such in FP explorer 3.0.2

Regards,

Cyril Bouton
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Cyril Bouton
Active LabVIEW Developper
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,932 Views)
SysApp,

Since the only modules showing up when you do a Find Devices are the FP-2010 and the FP-DI-301@1, you probably have a bad connection. Remove power to the system and make sure that the terminal bases are aligned properly and that there are no bent pins between the terminal bases, paying particular attention to the pins between the first and the second terminal bases. Also, make sure that you are using the bus cover (ships with the network module) to cover the exposed bus pins on the last terminal base.

The Invalid IAK File error may be caused by providing an invalid path to the IAK file, not providing a path to the IAK file input and not having saved an IAK in FP Explorer, not providing a path and having deleted the last IAK file that FP Explorer used
, or several other similar scenarios. Since you did not provide the error code I can not tell exactly which reason is most likely.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,932 Views)