FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing watchdog activationon normal program termination

Hi All.

I have search, can't find an answer anywhere.  Using an FP-1601 with a watchdog set up in MAX.  This works, i.e. when FP-1601 or FP-1000 loses network communication, watchdog activates outputs to desired states.

The issue is that when the user terminates the LabVIEW control program normally (i.e. via the stop button), the watchdog will activate.  I am sure I am missing something simple.  I have attached a sample code snip that demonstrates.  This is just a simple example, where a watchdog is set to turn off a DO and turn on another when the watchdog activates, using a DO card on an FP-TB-10, using an FP-1000 as the network interface.

Any help would be great, I am lost on this one.

Dan Wright

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,713 Views)

Hello Dan,

When you configure a watchdog for a serial FieldPoint device, the watchdog values will fire whenever the serial communication is not present for the timeout value specified.  You will see the watchdog values fire if your program is running if you aren't polling the values from the FieldPoint communicating device fast enough.  I'm afraid that when using a serial FieldPoint device you will always see the watchdog values fired when you program ends and there is no communication to the device.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,697 Views)