FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polymorphic read not working with an AI-100, when the VI is embedded on the controller?

I have a cFP-2100 and I am trying to set up a read VI for a cFP-AI-100.  I have built a VI and run it on my computer and deployed to the target and in both cases the code runs fine.  However, when I build a source distribution, load everything into the root/ni-rt/startup directory and try t o tun the VI the read fails to work.  I have added the totken RTTarget.StartupVIs with the path to my VI that I want to run on startup.  A write (to a cFP-DO-400 and to the LEDs on the cFP-2100) works fine.  Everything has been setup in MAX properly (I think) but I am assuming that there is a check box, option or property somewhere that needs to be enabled.   Please see the attached block diagram.  Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Thanks
Scott
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,678 Views)
Attching The VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,677 Views)

A problem may be that the resource/device/item names that are configured in MAX, and/or the IAK file name may be different on the target so the EXE may be trying to access a non-existent item.

Also, try updating the FieldPoint Driver, using the following options:

Product Line: Distributed I/O – FieldPoint

Software: NI-FieldPoint

Software Version: 5.0.1

Operating System: Select your operating system.

After doing this, make sure to update your FieldPoint driver on the target as well.

Please try to create an example that only reads from the AI-100 module and see if you are able to get any data from that.  Run it both as a VI and as an executable.  Also, can you please clarify what you mean by fails to work?  Do you mean that the data is incorrect, nothing is being read, the values are all zero? 

Please let me know what you find.  Best of luck on your application, and have a great day!!

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,658 Views)
Thanks, I will try what you have suggested.  I have checked for the latest versions of driver and have them installed, I ahve also updated my Labview runtime engine and made sure the target has everything loaded on it.  To clarify the output of the FPread is all zeros.  I have built a debuggable .rtexe but the debugger dialog window returns and error saying "No debuggable applications or runtime libraries found" when I connect to my target.  I'm connecting to it via a router.  Do you know if that configuration might prevent debugging?

Thanks
Scott
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,651 Views)
Hi Scott,

The reason you may be getting this error is because you have not set the VI as a start-up executable.  Please take a look here and verify that you have set the VI as a start-up executable.  For more information on the error that you are receiving, please take a look at this KnowledgeBase.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.  Best of luck on your application, and have a great day!!
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,628 Views)