FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of outputs in Compact Fieldpoint

Hello, all.

My name is Ng Oon-Ee, and I'm a student of Monash University Malaysia. I'm currently working with NI LabVIEW, utilizing Compact Fieldpoint. I have a simple question that I haven't been able to solve using either the forum search feature or through reading the documentation I have.

How many outputs are possible with Compact Fieldpoint (maximum number), also, how many outputs are there per module.

Thank you for answering what is probably a very inane question to most here.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,978 Views)

Each Compact FieldPoint Controller have have an 8 slot backplane, allowing up to 8 IO modules. The IO modules range from 4 to 16 channels each. Thus, you can have up to 128 IO module channels per controller. Additionally, the controllers have 4 User accessible LEDs and 5 digital lines for an extra 9 channels.

Compact FieldPoint controllers can communicate with each other, so you can have an embedded program in one controller that is controlling the IO on other controllers to get additional IO.

Regards,
Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,977 Views)
Thank you for your assistance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,969 Views)

Not to forget the (upto) 4 serial ports.. which come in real handy when talking to serial devices from the cFP controller itself. 

Cheers!

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,960 Views)