FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough memory to complete this remote panel operation (LAN)

Hi, the problem is, when i try to view or control an application thru a simple LAN, at my work, i recibe the message "Not enough memory to complete this operation"... but both PCs are very closely... So,
are there limitations related to the amount of data involving in this kind of comminications?, my app process data acquired by a 4472 dsa PXI card, and then show results thru typical graphics...
Also, i have noted when i perform "control tasks", they have a bad effect on my app (in the server machine), in terms of performance.
The problems of excessive memory consumption can be avoided, when we used conventional PCs ?  and, ¿The monitoring and the control affect my application performance? 

Thanks in advance.

JFT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,192 Views)

Hi JFT,

Are you trying to use Remote Front Panels when you get the error message. If yes, you may find this article useful. Also, I did not understand what you meant by "the problems of excessive memory consumption can be avoided, when we used conventional PCs". Are you not using PCs but PXI? Please correct me if I am missing something.

Regards,

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,178 Views)

Hi Ankita, i will read that document now...
I work with a conventional PC and a PXI (8175). The problem is when i try to see the remote front panel thru a LAN, my application and the Remote Panel crashes, and the messages is "Not enough memory to complete this remote panel operation....". So, my question is, if it is posible to  avoid this kind of problems? or remote panels are limited to a little apps... My App acquire a lot of data (thru a DSA 4472 daq) and then it process and shows that data without problems until remote panel is activated.
Sorry my english... and thanks anyway

JFT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,163 Views)

Hi JFT,

Typically with remote panels you want to minimize the data that needs to be updated...all this is mentioned in the article I pointed in my last post. If LabVIEW crashes  again, I would suggest that you choose to Investigate Error which will send an error log via email to National Instruments support team. In your email please mention exactly what you were doing before LabVIEW crashed. Once we get the error log, we will send it to R&D so they can investigate the crash.

Regards,

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,156 Views)