FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cFP-SG-140 Power LED Flashing

I have installed a new cFP-SG-140 in a BP-4 backplane slot 3. On Initial power up all modules powered up except the SG-140. It's power led is flashing and is not recognized in max when I read the configuration in. Anyone know if  this could be firmware or hardware related?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(7,344 Views)
Suggest you start with versions of software/firmware on cFP controller.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(7,312 Views)
Hi ab_man,

Does this happen every time you plug in this module?  Has this module ever worked?  What happens if this is the only module in the backplane?  Will the power light be steady?  Please try the module in a different slot, with no other modules in the backplane.  Does the power light blink if you hot swap the module?

Also, can you please give me a list of equipment you are using in this set-up?  What is the part number of the power supply, backplane, and all the modules you are using?  I'd like to be able to reproduce your issue, and think that replicating your system may be able to help in that.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I think we may need a bit more information to be able to help you troubleshoot.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(7,297 Views)
Does this happen every time you plug in this module?  Yes
Has this module ever worked?  No it is new out of the box
What happens if this is the only module in the backplane?  With the cFP SG 140 being the only module in the backplane the power light continues to flash but the ready light does not
Will the power light be steady?  Not sure what you mean
Please try the module in a different slot, with no other modules in the backplane.  I tried the module in slot 1 with the same result
Does the power light blink if you hot swap the module? Yes

Equipment List with original slot configuration

1. Power Supply  -> Siemens SITOP 10   10A Power supply
2. cFP-BP4

The barrage of questions is not a problem. I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(7,292 Views)
Hi ab_man,

By part number, I was referring to the actual part number located on the label on the hardware.  The reason I would like that is because I would like the revisions of each item.

Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(7,287 Views)

Equipment List

1. Siemens SITOP 10 Power Supply  24VDC @ 10A

2. cFP BP4

3. 190-187K-03  (cFP2020)

4. 188054J - 02    (cFP AIO-610)

5. 190900C - 02  (cFP TC 125)

6. 187608G - 02 (cFP SG 140)

7. 191598-01 (cFP RLY 425)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(7,284 Views)
Hello ab_man,

This is Dominic L. from Applications Engineering at National Instruments. Thank you for providing the list of equipment. Ching and I will try to duplicate this and see if we get the same results as you. We will keep you posted.

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Dominic L.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(7,273 Views)
I will keep you posted should anything change

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(7,271 Views)

Hi ab_man,

I have been unable to reproduce your specific issue, but believe that the module may need to be returned for repair.  Please contact National Instruments to have your product RMA'd.  You can create a new phone support request at www.ni.com/ask.

Once you have RMA'd your module, please post your serial number on this discussion forum post.  Using the serial number, I can track your module and intercept it when it is returned.   Since I have been unable to reproduce your issue, I'd like to take a look at your module.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
Message 9 of 23
(7,254 Views)

Here is the Serialnumber for the defective cFP-SG-140

Partnumber: 187608G-02

Serialnumber: 11F6991

Please let me know what you find out on this unit

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23