From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networking two cFP-2120 a PC with touchscreen and a wireless connection

Hello everyone, I am desinging a network of 2 cFP-2120, a PC with a tochscreen and a internet wireless connection to communicate to a local printer, what kind of network would you suggest?
I already have the two PACs but I need to decide what to buy to network them:
- managed swithc
- unmanaged switch
- hub
- wireless router.
- other

Did anybody had any experience?

Thanks

Fonz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,571 Views)
Hi!
   I think a good way to interconnect 2 cFP with one PC is an unmanaged switch (managed switch, in my opinion, add complexity and is not mandatory!).  I don't understand how local printer is connected: is it cable-networked with the other 3 components, and you need an internet connection to reach remote site in which cFPs, PC and printer are, or is it wireless-networked to your pc?

Depending on topology, you can also check for an integrated device, such as a wireless access point with switch.

graziano

PS.: do they still produce hubs?!?!?!? I thought they were banned Smiley Very Happy Don't use an hub, switches cost just like hubs.....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,548 Views)
The printer will be wireless-networked to my pc.

Probably I will use a wireless access point with switch as you suggested.

Thanks Graziano
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,545 Views)
Hi!
   I'd just advice you, for the first development stage, to connect the development PC to the switch cFPs are connected to, just to shorten dowload time and wireless problems you may find....

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,543 Views)
Thanks again, will follow your advice.
Fonz
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,541 Views)