FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to convert value from CSV to 4-20 ma Output

Good Morning:

I am lookng for some direction (architecture and VI wise). I have a CSV file that is generated by an analyzer that posts 8 discrete numerical values. I need to open that file, (I think) drop the values into an array, pull out the required values, convert the value into a 4 to 20 number, then send it to a compact filed point unit with a 4-20 mA output card. After 5 minutes, I will need to repeat the exact operation again.

Any suggestions, concepts, ideas bits of code would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sig.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,589 Views)
Read from spreasheet file will allow you to bring the CSV file into an array.

Also, look at event structures.  With it, you can detect the pressing of a stop button, but in the timeout case where you set your timeout to 5 minutes, you can set it to write out your values to the analog output channels.  You would also keep track of the iteration number so that you can step through the array with an index array function.  After writing out the data, add 1 to the wire and feed it through, keep track of the iteration using a shift register on you main loop.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,584 Views)
Hello Ravens Fan,

Why are you dupping the earliest post?

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,570 Views)
I just happened to see the earliest post, second.  And it wasn't until later that I saw which one was actually first. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,565 Views)

Sorry, my bad. I was looking to see if I would get any specific feedback from the CFP gurus.

Many thanks for the direction, I am working through this process now.

Cheers;
Sig.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,553 Views)